If you’ve got an AOSP build issue, a question about custom ROMs, or you just want to help other community developers using open devices, we now have a forum available for these topics. The Open Devices community is where you can discuss open source issues, and ask (or answer) open device development-related questions. Read more after the jump.
The Open Devices community is now available for anyone interested in our AOSP for Xperia devices initiative, and it’s where you can get answers and discuss open device issues with Sony engineers, as well as other members of the open source community. The forum currently includes the following open source categories:
- General discussion – covers broad topics.
- KitKat – covers build problems on KitKat, feature requests, and bugs.
- Lollipop – covers build problems on Lollipop, feature requests, and bugs.
- Kernel – covers porting, feature requests, and bugs.
For open devices-related questions or issues, search the forum first to see if the answer is already available, otherwise you can post your question in a new thread.
For community discussions related to unlock boot loader, please visit the Android development board on the Xperia Care Support forum.
For all other questions or discussions, please visit the general Xperia Care Support Forum and find the appropriate product category.
- Get support with open source development on the Open Devices community.
- Read about our first hero open source developer.
- See all of our Open Devices on Developer World.
- Learn how to build and flash a Linux kernel on Xperia devices.
- Learn how to unlock the boot loader of an Xperia device.