Are you longing for some high-tech companionship to make you feel better? Why not get with our hot, new smartphone – the Xperia™ arc S. The new Xperia™ arc S has a powerful 1.4 Ghz processor delivering up to 25% faster entertainment compared to Xperia arc™. Xperia™ arc S is also the winner of the EISA award “European Camera Phone 2011-2012”*, it comes with Android™ 2.3, and it is packed with all of Sony’s multimedia technology.
Today, we introduce the newest kid on our block, the Xperia™ neo V. As the next iteration of the Xperia™ neo, the neo V is just as beautiful as the first. Plus, this smartphone is packed with Sony multimedia technology and the latest from Android™.
We’ve just announced a major software upgrade for 2011 Xperia™ smartphones. The Xperia™ software upgrade provides users with:
- The latest version of Android software (Gingerbread) including Google Talk with Video Chat for smartphones with front-facing cameras.
- Updated Facebook inside Xperia™ which allows users to like, share, and discover on Facebook faster and easier; users also have the ability to share games, apps and songs directly to Facebook™.
- Enhanced camera capabilities from Sony, including 3D sweep panorama
- Connectivity to USB peripherals (mouse, keypad, or game controller) through the Sony Ericsson LiveDock™ multimedia station.
- Swipe to write which allows for text input by swiping the finger from one letter to the next.
- Screen capture from anywhere on the phone.
Today, Sony Ericsson unveils the newest addition to its Android™ smartphone lineup, called the Live with Walkman™. Following the heels of its Walkman™ predecessor, the W8, the Live with Walkman™ is the first global Walkman™ smartphone for Android™.
This is the fourth in a series of tips that supplement the Xperia™ game developer recommendations. This tip expands on Display recommendations – DS3 in the list of game developer recommendations: If applicable, the representations of the device’s buttons should be displayed in the correct layout.
In June, we told you about Skype’s availability on the Xperia™ neo and Xperia™ pro. Skype has just confirmed that the release of Skype 2.1 will be supported by the Xperia™ PLAY, Xperia™ mini pro, and Xperia™ ray. Sony Ericsson Xperia™ users can now easily find and download the Skype app directly from the Sony Ericsson channel on Android™ Market.
Attention game developers! Want to get your hands on an Xperia™ PLAY for testing? You can borrow this smartphone, or other Xperia™ devices, immediately through the Sony Ericsson Device Loaner Program. The program is intended as a low cost option to allow developers to test their applications on a physical Sony Ericsson device for up to 30 days. This service is free, and only international shipping fees apply (free shipping within US & Canada).
Sony Ericsson Xperia™ PLAY delivers a groundbreaking smartphone experience – the first all-in-one handset and game console. As a gaming device, the full-featured PlayStation® Certified Android™ smartphone boasts a 4” screen and superb stereo sound combined with real gaming control keys – directional pad, trigger buttons, PlayStation® buttons – fine-tuned for sturdiness and tactility.
Read on to get an overview of how to best develop games for Sony Ericsson Xperia™ PLAY.