Today, we introduce the newest kid on our block, the Xperia™ neo V. As the next iteration of the Xperia™ neo, the neo V is just as beautiful as the first. Plus, this smartphone is packed with Sony multimedia technology and the latest from Android™.
We’ve just announced a major software upgrade for 2011 Xperia™ smartphones. The Xperia™ software upgrade provides users with:
- The latest version of Android software (Gingerbread) including Google Talk with Video Chat for smartphones with front-facing cameras.
- Updated Facebook inside Xperia™ which allows users to like, share, and discover on Facebook faster and easier; users also have the ability to share games, apps and songs directly to Facebook™.
- Enhanced camera capabilities from Sony, including 3D sweep panorama
- Connectivity to USB peripherals (mouse, keypad, or game controller) through the Sony Ericsson LiveDock™ multimedia station.
- Swipe to write which allows for text input by swiping the finger from one letter to the next.
- Screen capture from anywhere on the phone.
If you haven’t already read or seen what Facebook inside Xperia is, here’s a brief recap. When you update the Xperia™ software on your Sony Ericsson smartphone with the Facebook inside Xperia update, users are able to “Like” a track from the music player, tag photos in the phone’s gallery, sync contacts in the phonebook with current Facebook statuses, and sync the calendar with Facebook events. This should undoubtedly be a big hit with Sony Ericsson customers who use Facebook on a daily, if not hourly, basis.