If you’re a game developer in search for new channels of visibility and marketing to showcase your games, we’re scouting for you! We’re on the lookout for the best innovations in mobile and tablet gaming, and for games that deserve VIP treatment, in return, we might offer you promotion in our content marketing channels and slots in our on-device Sony Select app.
The potential benefits to you include access to exclusive technical support, and you may become a part of Sony Xperia™ global marketing campaigns and social media activities. You may also get visibility in the Sony Select app in Sony Xperia™ smartphones and tablets.
How to apply for the Stand out from the crowd marketing programme:
If you’re ready to stand out from the crowd and suggest your game to be included in this marketing programme, here what you need to do:
- Review the Stand out from the crowd Terms and Conditions. You accept these Terms and Conditions by contacting us in step 2.
- Submit your information by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Send us the APK file, a link to the APK, images, videos, or presentation material about your game.
That’s all you have to do! From there, we will review your submission, and if there is a fit for your game, we’ll get back to you for further discussions.
What you need to know & do once you’re part of Stand out:
If you receive an invitation from a Sony representative to join this programme, here are some additional steps:
- We will ask you to optimise your game for one or several Xperia™ devices, and you’ll be provided with the necessary technical information and support.
- We will test the game for you (within reasonable limits) on the agreed target devices. You can find more information on testing, including how to self-test your game, in the Testing section below.
- When your game has completed the testing, we will plan and discuss different promotional activities going forward.
Self-test your game
If you’d like to get your game tested on your own, you can do so through VMC. We have chosen VMC as an exclusive provider to test games within Standout from the crowd programme.
Standard self-testing takes two days and costs $400. You’ll need to download the Xperia testing submission document, fill it out and send it, along with your game, directly to email@example.com to get started. Once VMC has received your submission, a technician will contact you on how to make the payment for testing. VMC will then check the build to ensure that it installs and launches. If it’s successful, a test schedule notification will be sent out indicating when testing is planned to be executed.
The testing normally takes two working days. VMC makes best endeavours to return results one working day after the completion of testing. Please see the schedule for the testing in the tables below:
The testing process involves three test sections – Master, Lead, and Child. The Master test covers includes testing against one Xperia™ device. This is followed by Lead testing, which covers testing against two new Xperia™ devices. The last test is Child testing against six new Xperia™ devices, including an Xperia™ PLAY test.
If the Master test or Lead test fails, the game will not proceed to the Child test. The testing on Xperia™ devices is meant to capture critical issues such as crashes occurring when receiving calls, and other interrupts, and to ensure the best user experience with Xperia™ devices. Failing a non-critical issue will not necessarily result in failing the entire test. You can read about the testing processes in more detail from the Master test, Lead test, Child test, and Xperia PLAY testing PDF documents. For more information, please contact your Sony representative once you are part of the Stand out from the crowd marketing programme.
More information for Stand out from the crowd game partners
- To submit your game to VMC for testing, you will need to download and fill out the Xperia testing submission document.
- To self-verify your game before submitting for Xperia™ testing, please download the Master Test document, and use any Xperia™ device to test against. You can also check out the Device Loaner Program if you do not have an Xperia™ device.
- If you have questions regarding testing through VMC, including test pricing, please contact VMC directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.