The Sony Add-on SDK includes Java docs, code examples and emulators for Small Apps, the IR remote sensor, the Smart Extension APIs and the Camera Add-on API. There is also extensive documentation available, explaining how to use all of the included APIs.
To install the Sony Add-on SDK, follow the instructions below:
- Start the Android SDK Manager in Eclipse by navigating to Window > Android SDK Manager.
- The Android SDK Manager will open. In the Android SDK Manager menu, navigate to Tools > Manage Add-on Sites ….
- Click the tab for User Defined Sites.
- Click New….
- Enter the following URL in the Add Add-on Site URL dialog: . Then click OK.
- Click Close and confirm that you are sorting the SDKs listed by API level.
- Expand the field that displays the SDKs available under Android 4.2.2 (API 19), and select the checkbox for the Sony Add-on SDK, then click Install 1 package… The Sony Add-on SDK will now install.
- Download Sony Add-on SDK documentation kit to learn more about the SDK and the APIs.
To install the Sony Add-on SDK manually, install the device definitions for the Sony Add-on SDK, create an AVD (Android Virtual Device), or browse the Troubleshooting section for the Sony Add-on SDK installation, see the detailed installation instruction.