Today, we’re introducing the Sony Xperia™ E1, an affordable Android™ 4.3 smartphone that is geared to surprise you with its premium credentials. Not only does the Xperia E1 embody Sony’s expertise in design, display, and performance, it also comes complete with a 100 dB speaker and ClearAudio+ and xLoud™ sound enhancements for a stunning listening experience. Uncover the complete specs and features of the new Sony Xperia E1, right after the jump!
With a vibrant and clear 4-inch WVGA resolution (800 x 480 pixels) display, and capable Qualcomm® MSM8210 1.2 GHz Dual-core processor with 512 MB of RAM, the Xperia E1 provides an all round performance that is unrivalled by any other phone in its class. Recognisable in the Xperia Z range for its sleek lines that create balance and symmetry in all directions, Sony’s premium OmniBalance design is also present on the Xperia E1, while tempered glass front and durable plastic casing ensures a solid and practical feel of this smartphone.
Great music everywhere
Sony’s audio heritage can be clearly heard in Xperia E1 as key technologies come together with the 100Db speaker to produce a louder, cleaner sound that can hold its own in any environment. ClearAudio+ mode instantly enhances your listening experience and optimises the balance of frequencies, while xLOUD™ ensures that your tracks sound as good as they should – loud and crystal clear.
With a dedicated “long press to launch” Walkman™ button, the Xperia E1 allows for effortless loading and navigation of your tracks. In addition, the pre-loaded 30 day pass for Sony’s Entertainment Network2 music streaming service lets you explore and enjoy almost any song, almost anywhere.
Dual SIM, no compromise
The new Xperia E1 is also available in a dual SIM smartphone variant. You can set up both SIM cards independently with custom ring tones, and instantly switch between SIMs before making calls or sending texts. All the while, Sony’s dual SIM management technology means that you can keep both SIMs active and never miss a call – even when talking on one of them.
Develop for Xperia E1
A number of Sony developer tools and APIs are available for the Xperia E1, including:
- Sony Add-on SDK, which is an add-on for the standard Android SDK, and allows you to extend your app to make it work with Sony SmartWatch 2 and a number of other Sony Smart Accessories with the Smart Extension APIs.
- Motion API, an API for the Smart Imaging Stand, which enables you to create apps that make use of the pan and tilt movement in the stand.
- Camera Remote API (beta): Develop smartphone apps to control Sony cameras. This also includes the QX10/QX100 camera lenses for smartphones.
Availability and colours
Launching globally in Q1 2014, the Sony Xperia E1 will be available in white, black, and purple finishes at launch. Local availability and pricing will be released at a later date.
Xperia E1 (& Xperia E1 dual) features at a glance
- Qualcomm® MSM8210 1.2 GHz Dual-core processor.
- Adreno 302.
- 118 x 62.4 x 12 mm.
- 120g for Xperia E1, 121g for Xperia E1 dual, and 122g for Xperia E1 dual in Digital TV variant.
- 4-inch TFT display.
- WVGA resolution, 800 x 480 pixels (233 ppi).
- 512 MB RAM, up to 4 GB built-in flash storage.
- Memory card slot: microSD™, up to 32 GB.
- WalkmanTM key, shake to shuffle and hardware controls for easy music controls
- Supported networks (D2004): UMTS HSPA+ 850 (Band V), 1900 (Band II), 2100 (Band I) MHz, GSM GPRS/EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz.
- Supported networks (DS2005): UMTS HSPA+ 900 (Band VIII), 2100 (Band I) MHz, GSM GPRS/EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz.
- Supported networks (D2104/D2114): UMTS HSPA+ 850 (Band V), 1900 (Band II), 2100 (Band I) MHz, GSM GPRS/EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz.
- Supported networks (D2105): UMTS HSPA+ 900 (Band VIII), 2100 (Band I) MHz, GSM GPRS/EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz.
- 3 MP rear-facing camera.
- 4x smooth zoom.
- WVGA video recording.
- Ambient light sensor.
- Proximity sensor.
- 1700 mAh removable battery.
- Available in white, black and purple.
- Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean MR2).
1 The Xperia E1 is powered by Qualcomm’s MSM8210 1.2 GHz Dual Core processor, 512 MB RAM and features a 4 inch (233 ppi) display combined with a large 1700 mAh battery. E1 specifications were verified by Strategy Analytics against the top 100 smartphones of 2013 with a global average launch price less than 175 Euros. Source: Strategy Analytics’ PriceTRAX & SpecTRAX Service, 29th November 2013. More on www.sonymobile.com/testresults
2 Music Unlimited is not available, or may not be supported, in every country and language. For more information about Sony media apps, please visit:
- Download the white papers of Sony Xperia E1 and Xperia E1 dual.
- Expand the possibilities of your apps with Sony Add-on SDK.
- Find out all about the Smart Extension APIs, and how you can create apps for Sony accessories, including Sony SmartWatch 2 (SW2) and the original Sony SmartWatch (MN2).
- Use Motion API to easily develop apps for the Smart Imaging Stand.
- Wirelessly access Sony Lens-Style Cameras DSC-QX10 and DSC-QX100 with the Camera Remote API beta.