Today we’re proud to announce a new Developer World website. With the new site, we will continue to bring you the latest developer and technology news & tools for Sony Xperia™ products in an even better way than before. Now it will be easier for you to find our most popular content, such as tutorials, popular posts, articles, open sourced phone software, drivers and many other downloads, as we have restructured and cleaned up the site based on the feedback we have received from many of you. Read on to learn more!
Easier to find popular posts
Most notably, you may first recognise that we have updated our frontpage with a multi-item area on top. Here we will pin many of those blog posts and links that we think are of special interests to you. It will be like headlines for some of the hottest topic right now. This way you don’t have to search or browse through the blog post history to find the hot topics. In addition, we’ve also added a classic “Most commented” widget to the right, so that you can see what posts have really engaged a lot of people. Maybe you want to share your opinion as well?
A new Knowledge base section
Another big change on the site is the new Knowledge base section. In a clean and straightforward way, you will easily find:
- All of our tips and tutorials, from concrete coding tutorials, to tips on app promotion and monetisation.
- Tool guides related to Sony Xperia™ products, or tools released by Sony and Sony Ericsson.
- Technical articles about popular Sony technologies, or technologies used in Sony Xperia™ products.
- An introduction to the different open source initiatives we are working on related to Sony Xperia™ products, including links to open sourced phone software, code examples and GitHub projects.
- A massive list of useful external developer resources (outside of Sony), presented in different areas. If you’re looking for a special developer tool, or some specific knowledge, there’s a good chance you fill find a useful resource in this section.
- A big archive of older reference information related to older Sony Ericsson phones and technologies.
More focus on our developer services
The new Developer World website also emphasises our different developer services in clearer way than before. Check out our Services menu to see our current services, and learn more about the Phone loaner program for North America, the Unlock boot loader service or the Stand out from the crowd program.
We hope you will enjoy it
This site obviously includes lots of other changes, and we truly hope you will enjoy the change. Feel free to click around to check out all of the different sections and assets. As it is a new site with some complexity built in, you may experience some minor glitches during a short period. If you find anything that does not work as it should, or if you have suggestions on improvements, feel free to drop a comment below! We will try to look into it as soon as possible.
Have fun devs!