To continue our open innovation initiative, we now publish our FM radio module for 2011 Xperia™ phones as open source. This means that it’s much easier to configure custom ROMs to use the FM chip and FM radio app on our platforms, if you are a custom ROM developer. We also have updated the previously released sensor HAL, by adding aid to configure the magnetometer sensor. Read on for more information!
The FM radio module for 2011 Xperia™ phones was originally built on Texas Instrument’s (TI) FM chip, with some adaption to improve FM radio handling on chip level. To make it easy for community developers to close the gap between the TI open source FM radio solution and our implementation, we now release our FM radio module as open source under the apache 2 license. We hope this will enable more ROMs to utilise the FM radio. Download the FM radio module for the 2011 Xperia™ phones to learn more.
We have also updated the open sourced sensor HAL for the 2011 Xperia™ phones. This means we have added support for how to configure the three-axis magnetometer sensor. Get started by downloading the sensor HAL for the 2011 Xperia™ phones.
Our ambition is to support the open dev community as much as we can, and we hope you find the FM radio and the updated sensor HAL useful. What else do you wish to see open sourced? Let us know in the comments below!
- Download the FM radio for the 2011 Xperia phones.
- Download the sensor HAL for the 2011 Xperia phones.
- Read our blog post about open sourcing our sensor HAL.
- Check out our other open developer community initiatives.
- Learn about our open sourced WebGL implementation.
- Find out about our open sourced bug report analysis tool ChkBugReport.
- Learn more about how to unlock the boot loader for Xperia phones.
- Read more about how we are supporting the open developer community.
- Download camera libraries for the 2011 Xperia phones.