Do you know about the AppXplore analysis tool? It’s a little handy app we originally created for internal purposes within Sony. But then we thought, why not make this available to everyone? So we did just that. AppXplore will give you all the nitty gritty information about the apps installed on your phone – what permissions your apps are using, what Android™ versions are supported, what libraries the apps are sharing and so on. And now we have updated this app with some new features!
Find out more details after the jump.
AppXplore is available for free on Android Market™, and it works with all phones running Android 2.1 and above. Features available in the latest version (2.0.1) include:
- List all installed applications and packages.
- Search for applications.
- Filter on installed applications based on:
- Apps supporting backup agent.
- Apps with the android:debuggable flag set true.
- Apps using shared libraries.
- Show the AndroidManifest.xml file of any application.
- Save the AndroidManifest.xml on SD Card and share by email or text message.
- Parse the AndroidManifest.xml file and get useful information of the applications, in an easy to read format.
If you want to learn more about how AppXplore works, check out our AppXplore section where we have put together some information about the different views available.
You can download Sony Xperia AppXplore from Android Market. Take a picture of the QR code below with your phone (for example with the Barcode Reader app), or check out the following AppXplore download link to Android Market.