The other day we updated the texts and instructions on our unlock boot loader site, available at unlockbootloader.sonyericsson.com. The biggest change? Now there is a way for you to check if it’s possible to unlock your phone or not, before even starting the unlock process, by accessing the service menu on your phone.
Read more about the rest of the changes after the jump.
With this update, we hope the instructions and important information will be a lot clearer, at the same time as it will be easier to know if your phone is unlockable or not. These are the biggest changes:
- It is now possible access the service menu in the phone, thus getting a direct answer to if your phone can be unlocked or not.
- A known issues section has been added to the Get started page and the Instructions page, and we have also added an Important information section to the Get started page, instead of having issues and warnings spread out all over the site.
- The android_winusb.inf-file has been updated to support the latest Android SDK. To use this file, you must be running Google USB Driver package revision 4 or higher.
- The separate supported phones page is removed, to avoid duplication of information and confusion. The list of supported phones is provided in the left column box.
- Overall revision of texts and page layout to make the information clearer.
If there is any confusion about any of the steps in the instruction, feel free to drop us a comment and we will see what we can do about it. Check out the site at unlockbootloader.sonyericsson.com!