The other day we published a tutorial on how to create Timescape™ extensions, and now it is time to launch version 1.2 of the Extension Development Kit (EDK). We are constantly adding more things to this toolbox, and in this version we’ve included the LiveKey™ emulator. So if you install EDK 1.2, there is no need to install the LiveKey™ emulator separately. On top of this, you can still develop app extensions for both the Timescape™ social network app and the Music player in Sony Ericsson Android™ phones using EDK 1.2. Also, did you know the EDK features several generic Sony Ericsson skins?
Read more after the jump.
EDK 1.2 is the next release after EDK 1.1, and to download and install it, instructions are available in the EDK developer section. When it comes to phone compatibility, it doesn’t really matter what version of the EDK you have created your app extension in. If you create a Timescape™ extension using EDK 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2, the extensions will work on all Sony Ericsson 2011 Android™ phones and onwards. In the EDK developer section, additional compatibility information is available. We’ve also updated the EDK FAQ question with more questions, so if you run into trouble, help is not far away. There’s also an EDK developer support thread available on Google groups, if you can’t find an answer to your question in the FAQ.
- Learn how to download and install the Extension Development Kit.
- Download the Timescape™ extensions code example & documentation kit.
- Download the Music player extensions code examples & documentation kit.
- Ask a question though the EDK developer support thread on Google groups.
- Check out the EDK FAQ section.
- Find out more in our Timescape™ extensions tutorial.